I don’t know about you, but I love any excuse to be home with my family and get through the days as leisurely as possible and enjoy the slowness for a bit. One way that we soak it all in is staying in our pj’s as long as possible, and not worrying so much about our hair styles or makeup - which is where this amazing homemade dry shampoo comes in so handy!
Here’s what you need:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder (for lighter hair colors)
- OR 2 tablespoons cocoa or cinnamon powder (for darker hair colors)
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil
- Blend all ingredients together in a small bowl or container with a lid.
- Sprinkle mixture onto scalp and hair roots, then work in with fingertips. You can use a clean makeup brush to apply to the roots. Apply evenly.
- Make sure you allow the product to sit for a couple of minutes before styling.
- Once it has had a few minutes to work into the hair and roots, make sure you comb or blow-dry it to help it blend well.
Side note: I soak all of our glass spice jars (like this garlic powder one) so that I can use them to sift out the powder! I also use these jars for putting corn starch on my babes bums for diaper rash and to sprinkle our DIY carpet refresher on all of our carpets! .